Waters 486 Tunable Absorbance Detector
The Waters 486 tunable absorbance detector is a single-Channel tunable ultraviolet/visible (UV/VIS) detector designed for high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) applications.
The waters 486 tunable absorbance detector can operate as a stand-alone unit (with a chart recorder) or with other Waters system modules, such as the Waters 860 Networking Computer System, or the Water 745/745B or 746 integrators.
The waters 486 tunable absorbance detector provides a usable light intensity over the wavelength range of 190-600 nanometers (nm), Although its primary use is in the ultraviolet wavelength range between 190 and 380 nanometers. The maximum sensitivity of the instrument is 0.001 absorbance units full scale (AUFS).
Wavelength range and sensitivity
The Waters 486 tunable absorbance detector provides a usable light intensity over the wavelength range 190 to 600 nanometers (nm), although its primary use is in the ultraviolet range between 190 and 380 nm. The maximum sensitivity of the instrument is 0.001 absorbance units full scale (AUFS).
The Waters 486 tunable absorbance detector offers the following features:
* Easy to use operator interface
* Self-calibration to ensure wavelength accuracy
* Battery backup to retain parameter settings when the detector is powered down or during power interruptions
* A deuterium arc lamp
* The patented Taper-Cell flow cell design, which reduces interference caused by refractive index effects.
* Optional cells:
* High-pressure (optimized for operation in LC/MS) Lamp shut-off to lengthen usable lamp life
* User-selectable chart mark on IV integrator output (standard on 10 mV)
* Wavelength scanning to determine optimal wavelength
* Diagnostic routines to verify proper functioning
* A modular design for easy servicing
* Wavelength range (single, fixed wavelength): 190 to 600 nm
* Wavelength accuracy: ± 2 nm
* Wavelength repeatability: ± 0.25 nm
* Noise: ± 1.0 x 10-5 AU, 1 second filter setting, 210 to 280 nm) dry cell
o 1.0 x 10-4 AU per °C (after warm-up)
o 1.0 x 10-4 AU per hour (after warm-up)
* Sensitivity Setting Range: 0.001 to 2.0 AUFS (under software control)
* Filter Setting Range: 0.1 to 5.0 seconds (under software control)
* Bandwidth: 8 nm
Optical Component Specifications
* Lamp Source: Deuterium arc lamp
* Flow cell: Dual beam Taper-Cell design
* Path length: 10 mm (standard, analytical)
* Cell volume: 8 ul (standard, analytical)
* Pressure limit: 1000 psi
* Materials: 316 stainless steel, Dynasil Suprasil II, Teflon
* Operating temperature: 15 to 32.2 °C
* Operating humidity: 20 to 80%, non-condensing
* Shipping and storage temperature: -40° to 65 °C
* Shipping and storage humidity: 20 to 80% non-condensing
This refurbished Waters 486 tunable absorbance detector is really in great condition and is tested at SpectraLab Scientific.
A 90 day warranty is included.
We have special expertise on analytical equipment. We encourage you to contact us to speak with one of our expert and professional team members.
Thanks for looking and we look forward to hearing from you!
Price: In Stock Call for Quote
Please Call Us at Toll Free Number:
1-866-777-3688 Tel: 905-946-8066
Contact by email at:email@example.com
The one stop shop for all your analytical laboratory needs! Your source for
PRE-OWNED Spectralab Scientific Incorporation CERTIFIED Equipment.
We buy your laboratory or surplus analytical equipment:
Trade-in “service or analytical equipment”:
available via firstname.lastname@example.org