The Microwave Digestion System, Model MDS-2000, is designed for laboratory use in digesting, dissolving, hydrolyzing, or drying a wide range of materials. Its primary purpose is the rapid preparation of samples for analysis by atomic absorption (AA) and inductively coupled plasma (ICP) emission spectroscopy and gas or liquid chromatography.
The MDS-2000 Microwave Laboratory Digestion System consists of
- a microwave power system with operator selectable output of 0 - 630 watts ±50 watts in 1 percent increments.
- a fluoropolymer-coated microwave cavity.
- a cavity exhaust fan with programmable speed in 10 percent increments.
- exhaust tubing to vent fumes.
- a digital computer programmable for thirty multistep programs consisting of up to five stages each.
- a direct drive alternating turntable system.
- four inlet/outlet ports to accommodate temperature and/or pressure measurement and control lines.
- three door safety interlocks and an interlock monitoring system to prevent microwave emission when door is open.
The MDS-2000 uses microwave energy to heat samples. Compounds such as water and other polar liquids absorb microwave energy rapidly. A sample placed inside a microwave transparent vessel with a polar liquid or ionic solution (usually acid) is subjected to rapid heating and in the case of a sealed vessel, elevated pressures, causing the sample to digest or dissolve in a short time.
The MDS-2000 microwave sample preparation system is operated under full microprocessor control with constant monitoring of the door safety interlocks, pressure, and if required temperature, within the digestion vessel. An exhaust tube to vent fumes is permanently connected to an adjacent fume cupboard.
This refurbished CEM MDS-2000 Microwave Digestor Oven is in a great shape. It has been tested at SpectraLab Scientific.
A 90 days warranty is included.
We are professional to the stuffs. We encourage you to contact us to speak with one of our expert and professional team members.
Thanks for looking and we look forward to hearing from you!